Time really flies… it seems like 2009 just arrived a few days ago, yet January has already passed and the first few days of February are gone too. But even if you procrastinated about making New Year’s resolutions for improving your web site, there is still plenty of time to further develop your site and its reach in 2009; following are ten ideas you can use to get started:
- Help them find you online – Just as people use a phone directory to look up an unknown number, the vast majority of internet users use a search engine to find sites of interest to visit. Don’t be an unlisted address; get your site listed in search engines and help new visitors find your web site online.
- Help them find you on your street – If your site advertises your walk-in business, there is no better way to help people find your location than adding a Google map to your site. If you show them the way, the customers will come!
- Content, content, content – Add unique and relevant content to your web site regularly to bring in new visitors and keep old ones returning. Remember, you can add as many pages as you like to your WebSpawner Enhanced web site at no additional cost, so add a page or three today and provide more for your visitors to read.
- Cash, cash, cash – Offer goods or services online and turn your web site into supplemental income, or take it to another level and just quit the 9 to 5 and work from home. Set up your site to accept PayPal online payments, and start making money with your site today.
- A picture’s worth a thousand words – Add new images to share the places you’ve been, the moments you enjoyed, or the items you have for sale. Add an Image Gallery to your site today (your Enhanced web site account allows for as many Galleries as you like).
- A moving picture is worth even more – Get out that camcorder and create videos to share the fun or provide information, then add your videos to your site (it takes a little time but is easier than you might think).
- Be the master of your own domain – Have your web site online at an address of your choosing; set up your own domain name (www.mysuperfantasticwebsite.com or whatever you choose) and have it connected to your site.
- Get the word out – Keep in touch with your site’s viewers and let them know when you’ve added new content, and keep them coming back to visit regularly… set up a group mailing list and send an occasional newsletter.
- Ask them what they think – Add an Opinion Poll to your site and ask for your viewer’s opinions about your site’s content, their favorite interests, or what they would like to see added to your site to make it more useful to them.
- Have some fun every day, and do some work every day – You want your site’s visitors to stick around for a while and come back to visit again… provide viewers with a little entertainment by adding a game or two to your site. And, by regularly adding new content you can encourage visitors to return as well as improving your site’s positioning in search engine results. Spend a little time every day working on your site (or at least a few times a week if daily isn’t possible with your schedule). Sites that are updated frequently tend to climb in search result positioning, while static sites that are rarely or never updated tend to drop in position or be removed from search engine listings altogether.
By starting now, you can have a vastly improved web site by the time 2010 rolls around… but it’s less than 11 months away, so don’t delay any longer! Do something to improve your site today and every day.