Today’s post is a follow-up of sorts to a previous entry titled Adding an Image Gallery to your website. While that article has proven helpful for many first-time users of WebSpawner’s Image Gallery tool, the need for a little additional instruction has become apparent through a recurring question received by Customer Service:
How do I replace an existing picture in my Image Gallery with a new one?
Replacing an existing image with a new image is quite easy and in today’s post we’ll show you how.
From the Member Menu, click the Image Gallery tool, which you can find under the orange Add-Ons tab as shown below:
The Image Gallery tool will open in a new browser window (titled “Image Gallery”). Select the Gallery Page which you would like to make changes to from the drop-down menu of existing Gallery Pages, and then click the Edit button.
In the Edit screen, the Gallery Title and Description will be displayed along with 12 image location boxes which will have any images you have previously placed there, like the example below. Click in the box for the image that you would like to replace.
The current image will be displayed in a larger size, along with the Caption and Description (which can be edited by changing the text within the boxes and clicking the Update button if you wish to keep the same image). Also shown are three options for removing the image, as shown below.
The three options for replacing the image are as follows:
- To simply remove the existing image and no longer display any image in that location, click the Remove Image button under Option 3 (no further steps are required for this option).
- To replace the image with another previously-uploaded image, choose the image under the drop-down menu under Option 1 and click the Done button (no further steps are needed for this option).
- To replace the current image by uploading a new image from your computer, click the Transfer New Image button under Option 2 and then proceed as outlined below. A window like the following one will appear.
Under Step 1 click the Browse button, navigate to the location of the new image file on your computer’s hard drive and click to select the image, then click the Open button. The path to the image will then appear in the box under Step 1 as shown in the sample above.
Under Step 2 enter the text for a Caption to appear with the image, if desired (this is optional).
Under Step 3 enter the Description text to be displayed with the image (also optional).
Finally, click the Add Image to Gallery button, which will start the image upload process.
After a few seconds when the upload has completed, the screen will refresh, displaying the Edit screen with the 12 image location boxes and your newly-uploaded image in its chosen location. You can click another image box to make changes to its image, or click the Done button as shown below when you are finished.
Next, close the Image Gallery window as your changes have been saved and your Image Gallery updated with your new image(s).
A few other things worth mentioning regarding the Image Gallery:
- Image files should be in .gif, .jpg, or .png file formats in order to be compatible with the Image Gallery tool. If your images are in another file format, re-save them first before trying to upload them.
- Each image file should have a unique file name. If you upload a new image having the same file name as a previously-uploaded one, the old image will be replaced in the Gallery wherever it appears with the new image of the same name… so rename your files before uploading if needed.