Did you know that you can quickly and easily add a video to your website… for FREE? Using YouTube and WebSpawner together, you can do it!
YouTube is a free and easy way to share your own videos through the World Wide Web. YouTube allows browsing and online viewing of millions of original videos submitted by members. With just a little know-how, you can take a video from your computer, post it online through YouTube, and then add it to your WebSpawner website.
Today’s post is the first in a three-part series in which we will walk you through the process of adding a video to your web site. We’ll focus today on setting up your YouTube account, while Part 2 will detail uploading a video from your computer to YouTube, and then Part 3 will cover embedding the video into your web site. Ready? Let’s get started.
The form will then prompt you for the following information:
1. Account Type – The ‘Standard’ option will work just fine for the needed functionality; however, if you are interested in the other account types see the Help Page for further details on those.
2. Email Address – You must provide a valid email address which you can access, as it will be used later to verify your account.
3. User Name – Enter a unique name, which you will use later to login to your account. Common names are likely already taken, so try combining number and letter characters here.
4. Password – Enter a password which will be easy for you to remember, yet difficult for others to guess. Longer passwords which use both numbers and letters are generally more secure than short ones or common words.
5. Confirm Password – Re-enter the password exactly as it was provided before.
6. Country – Select your country of residence from the drop-down menu.
7. Postal Code – For US, UK and Canada residents, enter your Zip or Postal Code.
8. Gender – Indicate your gender by selecting the ‘Male’ or ‘Female’ button.
9. Date of Birth – Provide your Month, Day, and Year of birth in the drop-down menus.
10. Verification Code – Enter the number and letter text you see in the small image to the right.
If your selected User Name has already been taken, you will be prompted to enter a new User Name, enter and confirm a Password, enter a new Verification Code, and click ‘Sign Up’ to complete the process.
When your unique User Name has been accepted, YouTube will send a confirmation email. Check your email to receive it, and click the ‘Confirm your email address link’ provided within. You should then see a YouTube window stating “Your email has been confirmed” and you will have successfully created your YouTube account.
Tomorrow, in Part 2 of this series, weâ€™ll discuss uploading a video from your computer to your YouTube account.